GARDEN OF PRAYER (9:30-10:00)
- Morning opening song
- Bible meditation
- Prayer time
SABBATH SCHOOL (10:00-11:40)
- Song Service
- Welcome Remarks & Opening Prayer
- Mission Spotlight
- Lesson #10 – “Children of the Promise?” (alt. link – “Children of the Promise” / PDF version)
- Closing Song & Closing Prayer
MAIN WORSHIP – (11:40-13:00)
- Song Service / Prelude: “Holy, Holy, Holy”
- Invocation: preacher
- Welcome Remarks:
- Opening Song: “Near to the heart of God” (SDAH #495)
- Offertory Reading & Prayer
- Receiving of Tithes and Offerings (SDAH #369)
- Doxology: “Praise God” (SDAH #694)
- Children story: Skha Weldon
- Baby dedication: prayer and song SDAH #379
- Scripture Reading: Romans 9:20-23
- Congregational Prayer:
- Sermon: pastor Christian Salcianu
- Closing Song: “Blessed Assurance: Jesus is Mine!” (SDAH #462)
- Benediction – preacher
- Recessional Hymn: “We Have This Hope” (SDAH #214)
AFTERNOON PROGRAM – (15:00-16:00)
- This Sabbath afternoon the pastor invites us to study the chapter 10 of the book Steps to Christ (the second part of it, about the Bible.)
1. ELECTIONS IN THE CHURCH
Today we will have the first reading of the report of Nominating Committee. There were meetings, talks, questions asked and answered, and now we can come with a list of future servants (church officers / board members and leaders of departments).
There will be a week left for any objections or other observations members might have, and the following Sabbath we will vote on the list.
2. PRAYER MEETINGS
A small group has been formed of Dublin West members – a study and prayer group, meeting on Friday nights. (There is another group, made by Moldavians and the meetings are every Tuesday, in different houses – Romanian language – in Blanchardstown area.)
The invitation then is extended to any member for these groups – depending on language used. For Friday night meetings it is all English language. The book which is studied and discussed is “If my people pray”, by Randy Maxwell.
The meetings are from 7 to 8pm, at sister Jacinta’s house at 7 Sheepmoor View, Clonsilla, Dublin 15.
3. HOPE IN THE DARKNESS
A short report of our donations on Harvest Day is posted on this website, under the title “Greetings from Gadara”. (It has almost 1000 views!) If anyone wants to volunteer still, donations are welcome: food (even hot food), sleeping bags and winter clothes, money. Talk to the pastor as he is in contact with them.
4. LORD’S SUPPER
Next Sabbath (16th of December) we celebrate Communion / Lord’s Supper. Please do your best to come, attend and invite others.
5. PREACHING SCHEDULE
Do you who preaches on 23rd of December? Or when is pastor Llew and his cancer survivor wife coming to Dublin West? Or maybe when do we meet the TED Health director? Please check preaching plan for our church, the full calendar for Q1/2018 is available on the Schedule tab in the menu above.
6. STEPS TO CHRIST
For all those commited to read/listen the book “Steps to Christ”, one chapter per week, here is the material in text and audio format, along with study materials for Steps to Christ – Chapter 10. One very interesting quote about a… step to Christ:
“As we meditate upon the perfections of the Saviour, we shall desire to be wholly transformed and renewed in the image of His purity.“
Share with others as all have to come closer and take the steps to Christ!
7. THURSDAYS PASTORAL VISITS
Your pastor is available for visits! (just in case you’ve wondered)
Every Thursday (morning, daytime, evening) is set aside for pastoral visits. So, if you need a visit (or want to visit the pastor at home), please talk to him. Contact: pastor Christian Salcianu, 085 223 4482; email@example.com.
“My prayer is not for them [the disciples] alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.” (Jesus Christ in John 17:20-21)