PRAYER TIME (7:00 – 8:00 pm)
- Meditation on an inspiring text
- Prayer time
- Meeting place – Blanchardstown (Jacinta’s house)
SABBATH SCHOOL (10:00 – 11:40 am)
- Song Service
- Welcome Remarks & Opening Prayer
- Mission Spotlight
- Lesson #3 – “Escape From the World’s Ways” (alt. link – “Escape From the World’s Ways“ / download PDF version)
- Closing Song & Closing Prayer
MAIN WORSHIP – (11:40 – 1:00 pm)
- Song Service: D’Andra, Sheree & Mackayla
- Invocation: pastor Christian
- Welcome Remarks: Keisha Durrant / Melissa Eke
- Opening Song
- Offertory Reading & Prayer: Fern Roberts
- Receiving of Tithes and Offerings (SDAH #369)
- Doxology: “Praise God” (SDAH #694)
- Children story: Nicole Pitter
- Song: Jamaican group
- Scripture Reading: Revelation 7:1-8 (Jhavaughn) and Revelation 7:9-17 (Jethniel)
- Congregational Prayer: Marrisia Andrew
- Sermon: “Your diversity model: 144 000 or the great multitude?”
- Closing Song
- Benediction – pastor Christian
- Recessional Hymn: “We Have This Hope” (SDAH #214)
OPEN DISCUSSION (3:00 – 4:30 pm)
An open discussion on the topic of… celebrating Christmas or not. The request was raised and we want to answer the following three questions:
What is the official position the Seventh-day Adventist Church has about Christmas?
What is our position in Dublin West SDA Church?
What can we do better?
We are inviting all to participate, as we will have a short introduction by the pastor on the church resources available, a selection of panelists representatives of different perspective, group discussion, observers.
1. PRAYER MEETING
Every Friday night, at 7pm, you are welcome to join our prayer group in Blanchardstown (at sister Jacinta’s house). For one hour or so you carry along with other brothers and sisters the needs of our church, the needs of our loved ones or of the people around us so that God will make His will known and fulfilled. If you have a special need, let us know and we will pray for you. Text the message to 085 223 4482.
2. CELEBRATING DIVERSITY
Every last Sabbath of the month our program will be a celebration of our diversity in Dublin West. The pastor will have a special sermon on this subject, while an ethnic group in our church will contribute to the divine service with their specific traditional features. In the afternoon of that last Sabbath of the month, the program will be an open discussion on subjects of interest for the church. The first two ones, for January and February are: a) Perspectives on Christmas Celebration and b) perspectives and understandings on the subject of Church’s divine service.
3. SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER
We are trying to inform as many as possible about the program of the church, information/announcements, projects and resources available. Please check your email as you must have received our first newsletters. From our statistics, only part of our list open their email. Maybe is lost in the Spam folder… Send your updated email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.
4. EVENTS IN IRISH MISSION
- 9-11 February | Belfast Youth Weekend
- 10 February | TED Health & Singles Ministry director
- 25 February | Church Clerks training session
- 25 February – 5 March | Mission Trip to Dominican Republic
- 17 March | Global Youth Day
- 30 March – 1 April | 3 Mission Youth Retreat Weekend
Please check preaching plan for our church, the full calendar for Q1/2018 is available on the Schedule tab in the menu above.
5. PROVERBS, ONE CHAPTER A DAY
For January 2018 we were challenged by the pastor to start reading the book of Proverbs, one chapter a day. Please do it and share with others your new insights into the book of Proverbs.
Please give us a feedback on your reading of the whole book!
6. PASTORAL VISITS
The pastor is ready to visit you! He is available anytime of the day/week.
Yet, to be sure, every Thursday (morning, daytime, evening) is set aside for pastoral visits. So, if you need a visit (or want to visit the pastor at home), please talk to him. Contact: pastor Christian Salcianu, 085 223 4482; email@example.com.
“My prayer is not for them [the disciples] alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.” (Jesus Christ in John 17:20-21)