Friday Night Prayer Meeting | 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Prayer meeting at sister Jacinta’s house, at 7:30pm. All are invited to attend, as we will sing, pray, study and reflect together on God’s Word.
Sabbath School Service | 10:00 – 11:30 am
- Welcome remarks
- Opening song
- Opening prayer
- Mission spotlight
- Promotional talk
- Lesson review
- Study of Lesson #9
- Closing song
- Closing prayer
You can download the study for the week or view it online checking the following link: https://absg.adventist.org/current-quarter#lessons
Sabbath Main Worship | 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
- Song service: chorister
- Invocation (preacher)
- Welcome: presider, elder Ropo
- Opening song: 373 (Seeking the Lost)
- Tithes and offerings: Nicole
- Children story
- Bible reading: Marian
- Prayer: Jennifer
- Sermon: Caddy (Catalin Andronic)
- Closing song: 319 (Lord, I Want to be a Christian)
- Blessing (prayer)
- Recessional Hymn: 214
Fellowship lunch | 1:45pm – 2:45pm
Afternoon Program | 3:00 pm – 4:15 pm
Could anyone imagine that the American president and the Pope would conspire to hasten the fall of Iron Curtain?
As we study our lesson for the Sabbath School, lesson #9 “Satan and his allies”, in which we learn about the Roman Catholicism and American Protestantism as the two beasts in Revelation 13, for some it may seem as bed time stories, apocalyptic fantasies, conspiracy theories or purely imagination.
The pastor will show on Sabbath afternoon (for those who stay) that such a reality of Revelation 13 is for real. Even more, it happened during our lifetime and most probably will be repeated. The story comes from public articles and books that will be share with the audience, presenting how president Reagan and pope John Paul II conspired to assist Poland’s Solidarity movement and hasten the demise of Communism. (This was the cover story of Time Magazine in February 1992.)
- Pathfinders Bible Experience and Adventurers Bible Experience – next Sabbath, in UK at Newbold College. Please pray for our teams (we have 12 kids from Dublin West). Also, mind a collection this Sabbath morning and a financial support for their trip.
- Youth Outpost – on the second Sabbath of every month, the Youth in Dublin meet. For details contact Heather Haynes.
- Irish Mission Day of Fellowship – on the third Sabbath of March (16 March). Please note the change of venue to CityNorth Hotel & Conference Centre (on M1).
- Lord’s Supper – on the 4th Sabbath of the month all are invited to participate in the Communion service. On that occasion we will have also a short business meeting. (We’ll come again with this announcement, but you will remember that on each such occasion we bring humanitarian help for Hope in Darkness.)
Three Articles of Interest
- One young person in church asked about our Church position on the topic of dancing. Here is an answer from the Pastor. – http://dublinwestsda.ie/2019/01/28/our-view-on-dancing/
- Another two persons (an adult and a young lady) asked about fasting and its connection with prayer. Here is an answer from the Pastor. – https://biblestudyclass.org/does-it-help-to-fast-when-praying-for-a-certain-person/
- 12 Steps to Improve our Church Experience – http://dublinwestsda.ie/2019/02/28/12-steps-to-improve-our-experience-in-dublin-west-sda-church/