Friendly diversity. Real fellowship.
Biblical preaching. Community outreach.
This is Dublin West.
Come and see!
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers […] day by day, attending the temple together […] praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
(Acts of the Apostles, 2:42-47)
10:00 Sabbath School
Welcome: presider, Melissa
Opening Song: #88
Prayer: elder Ropo
Mission spotlight: Theda
Promotional talk: Grace
Lesson study: “Making Sense of History: Zerubbabel and Ezra”
Closing song: #92
Closing prayer, Sade
11:45 Divine service
Song service: Youth
Welcome: presider, Ropo
Opening song: #522
Tithes & offerings reading: Caddy
Scripture reading: Daniel S (Hebrews 10:23-25)
Congregational prayer: Melissa
Sermon: “Hope to all those who have faith”, br. Ajit
Closing song: #214
Elections in Irish Mission – this coming Sunday (6 October) we have the Irish Mission Session. As from Dublin West we send six delegates, please get in touch with them if you want your voice to be heard on the Session’s floor. Our delegates are: Ferdy, Iphi, Lenah, Ropo, Vasile and Theda.
Elections in the church – on the following Sabbath (12 October) we start the election process for another term. As always, we invite you all to serve according to your gifts and to your calling. May God inspire you to nominate the right persons to serve and to accept if you are being called.
Thanksgiving Day – we will organize a special occasion for worship and fellowship on the second Sabbath of the following month (9 November). May you bring to the Lord your first fruits!
Week of Prayer – we are planning to have the traditional Week of Prayer in the church. More info to follow. Please mark it in your calendar as the first week of next month, 2-9 November.
Fellowship lunch – it looks like we enjoy a lot the fellowship lunch, but the place is too small, we crowd in and we spill much food on the carpet and in the building.
The church board suggests to improve on several aspects: take only as much as you can safely carry (go another round, if needed); mind your child; no food down the stairs.
The most important one: for the next time, please bring only food that can be eaten without plate, fork or spoon. Indeed, think of: sandwiches, fruits, biscuits and more. Use your imagination and forget about the rice 🙂
Youth Outpost – next meeting on 12 October. See full details at: https://www.facebook.com/events/391927221483695/
Speaking appointments for current month:
– 1st Sabbath, 5 October – sermon Br. Ajit Kutty
– 2nd Sabbath, 12 October – sermon Pastor Christian, elections in the church, and a seminar for the afternoon program
– 19 – sermon Br. Joseph Anderson, Pathfinders program for Dublin Royals
– 26 – sermon Pastor Christian, afternoon program led by Melody, a leadership seminar for ministering to children
Adventist Community Services Dublin
New developments toward making our mission better organized, consistent and more visible in the community.
- A steering committee of members from both Dublin West and Dublin Romanian is in place for drafting the action plan.
- Our aim is to go in the street and serve hot food to poor and homeless people. While we aim to go twice a month (each other week one of the two churches), we’ll continue helping with the sandwiches.
- Prepare to volunteer as cook, driver, cleaner, organizer. We need also people to chat with the ones in the street. We’ll make a call very soon!
- Thank you all for the goods donated. Part has been delivered last night, and the big load will be either on Sunday evening or on the following days.
- Our two year in the progress ministry is well presented on our social media account. Have you seen what was last night at GPO?