Friendly diversity. Real fellowship.
Biblical preaching. Community outreach.
This is Dublin West.
Come and see!
10:00 Sabbath School
Mission spotlight: Eilish
Promotional talk: Erwin
Special song: Kareah, Khiel, Kymi, Cheska
10:30 Business Meeting
How the election process works? See our previous experience here http://dublinwestsda.ie/category/elections/
To speed up things, in parallel with Sabbath school, the board meets separately and acts as an organizing committee. They will prepare a list of names – both from the church and from the board, to be proposed as nominating committee. The list will be presented to the church during the Divine Service and voted upon.
Lesson study: “Nehemiah”
Closing prayer: Kenan
11:45 Divine service
Song service: Youth
Welcome: presider, Vasile
Tithes & offerings reading: Caddy
Scripture reading: Khiel
Congregational prayer: Sade
Sermon: “Jewellery in the Ministry of Jesus”, pastor Christian
Vote on the nominating committee
13:45 Fellowship lunch
Fellowship lunch – it looks like we enjoy a lot the fellowship lunch, but the place is too small, we crowd in and we spill much food on the carpet and in the building.
The church board suggests to improve on several aspects: take only as much as you can safely carry (go another round, if needed); mind your child; no food down the stairs.
The most important one: for the next time, please bring only food that can be eaten without plate, fork or spoon. Indeed, think of: sandwiches, fruits, biscuits and more. Use your imagination and forget about the rice 🙂
15:00 Afternoon program
Pastor Christian will have a presentation in the afternoon on Daniel 2 from the perspective of Ezra and Nehemiah. It will be eye-opening to the larger context and the times in which we live. All are invited to stay!
Elections in the church – on this coming Sabbath (12 October) we start the election process for another term. As always, we invite you all to serve according to your gifts and to your calling. May God inspire you to nominate the right persons to serve and to accept if you are being called.
Thanksgiving Day – we will organize a special occasion for worship and fellowship on the second Sabbath of the following month (9 November). May you bring to the Lord your first fruits!
Week of Prayer – we are planning to have the traditional Week of Prayer in the church. Please mark it in your calendar as the first week of next month, 2-9 November and see if we can open your house for a small group. We are looking for an evening in pastor’s house, another evening in church (Monday), another in someone else’s house etc.
Speaking appointments for current month:
– 1st Sabbath, 5 October – sermon Br. Ajit Kutty
– 2nd Sabbath, 12 October – sermon Pastor Christian, elections in the church, and a seminar for the afternoon program
– 19 – sermon Br. Joseph Anderson, Pathfinders program for Dublin Royals
– 26 – sermon Pastor Christian, afternoon program led by Melody, a leadership seminar for ministering to children
Adventist Community Services Dublin
New developments toward making our mission better organized, consistent and more visible in the community.
- A steering committee is in place for drafting the action plan (members from both Dublin West and Dublin Romanian).
- Our aim is to go in the street and serve hot food to poor and homeless people. The following dates have been set aside: on 9 November the table will be covered by a team led by Dublin Romanians, and on 23 November by a team from Dublin West.
- Prepare to volunteer as cook, driver, cleaner, organizer. We need also people to chat with the ones in the street. We’ll make a call very soon!
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers […] day by day, attending the temple together […] praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.
(Acts of the Apostles, 2:42-47)